These are the terms that apply to service engagements between us. The scope of the engagement
will be documented in the estimates or invoices sent separately. By paying
these invoices we are both accepting these terms. These terms of engagement
continue to be in force for future engagements.
- Our work (whether consultation, tax return, tax
plan or related product) is based on data you provide.
- We are not responsible to audit or verify the
data that you give to us.
- We may ask for clarification of your data or
- We are not responsible to discover fraud or
other irregularities, should they exist.
- We will use our professional judgment in
resolving questions where the law is unclear, or where there may be conflicts
between the taxing authorities’ interpretations of the law and other
- To provide a method for secure transmission of
your data between DTL. We will keep your
data secure in accordance with the IRS requirements. We will keep your data
confidential. We will not disclose your data obtained in the course of our
engagement except as required by law or as necessary to provide our services to
DTL 100% Accurate Calculation Guarantee
If you pay an IRS or state penalty or interest because of a calculation error, we'll pay you the penalty and interest up to the amount we received for your services engagement. DTL use the most advanced professional tax software (used by the Big 4 firms for their international clients) to give you dependable results.
DTL Audit Support Guarantee
You get FREE audit guidance to help you understand your IRS notice and answer your audit-related questions related to returns we prepared for you. Audit advice, representation, legal advice, and administrative fees are available for an additional cost.
- To clearly inform us upfront about any outstanding
tax bills, existing installment tax payment plans you are in, or any open correspondence or audits with a taxing authority
- To provide all the information required for a
complete and accurate finished tax return product. Some of this information involves providing totals of certain types of transactions. For business and home business, profit and loss summary with breakdown and balance sheet of assets will be needed. If needed, we offer accounting services on an hourly fee basis to assist you in determining this tax information.
- To provide this information in a timely manner.
- To carefully review all work completed by our
office before you sign forms. You have the final responsibility for anything
submitted to a taxing authority.
- To file returns or other documents with the IRS
- To retain, with the completed work, all the
invoices, receipts and other documents that form the basis of income and
adjustments, since you may later have to provide these to the taxing
- For fixed price work, we require 50% down
payment upfront and 50% before the delivery of work products.
- Accounting, bookkeeping, PFIC analysis, and legal
research services are additional and billed on an hourly basis.